Friday, January 8, 2010

On the road, but not really.



This is a note from the road, but not regarding a road ride, training, or anything Euro at all.  In fact, to mention EuroDisney might cause me to be evicted from the grounds here at the real Disney World.  Coach is running a half-marathon tomorrow morning, so we're chilling out this evening and trying to get to bed at a decent time.  By decent I mean 3 hours ago as the alarm clocks will be going off around 3am...

The crowds will be so crushing tomorrow that I don't plan to head to the start with Coach.  She'll meet up with friends and then take off sometime after 0600.  Wow, that's an early start to a run.  I think that when Greg Lee and I ran the Rock 'n Roll half marathon in Virginia Beach several years ago, we started at 7am.  Then again, I have tried to erase most memories of that painful experience from my brain...


For those wondering if I'm doing any training while I'm here, the answer is a resounding 'no.'  I've driven TONS, and although the bike is here, he's been 'wheels up' since arrival. 


I did catch a bit of a nice sunrise this morning as I jetted down to Ft. Myers to see my dad.

We will head back to NC Sunday or Monday, but I might get a ride in before departure.  Unfortunately, it's nearly as cold here as it was when we left NC two days ago.  Some have said it's the coldest weather in Florida since the late 1950's.

           

0 comments:

Post a Comment