Friday, December 9, 2011

2012 & and an invitation.

To race or not to race?

After massive (well, for me anyway) build-ups in 2010 and 2011 in preparation for the Tour of the Battenkill, I am likely out for 2012.  Why?  Well, there are a few reasons but mainly it's this guy right here:

He's not usually this snoozy, and we like it that way.  It's not that he is literally keeping me from racing, it's the larger picture of what kind of time proper training requires in the scope of my shifting priorities.  In fact, I'm sure Fischer would be nothing but supportive of daddy's amateur racing pursuits - as long as he gets his bottle and a bedtime story.

This doesn't mean I won't be in the Battenkill valley in April 2012.  There is a chance that we'll be there supporting others and/or volunteering for Dieter & Co.  He and his folks do a wonderful job with a huge race and I think it'd be fun to be part of it from the supporting-role perspective. 

Until we decide on that - I invite others who are in pursuit of Battenkill glory to send me their links, their stories, their blog links.  I'll post 'em up and keep this going as a place where Battenkillers can share tell their tales and read the stories of others. 

Who'll be first?  Send your ideas to dertwin@hotmail.com.

p.s.  In the meantime, fellow Battenkill alumn Barry and I are putting on some very interesting races here in NC.  Check out our little project:  Autodrop Ltd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment